Terms and Conditions
1. PRICING: Unless otherwise designated in this order, the customer agrees to pay the Company’s established prices in effect on date of shipment if shipment from other persons or firms; on date of delivery if delivered from the Company’s stock. Prices for f.o.b. shipping point unless otherwise designated in this order. Where transportation charges are expressly included, the same are based on present rates, and are subject to adjustment for any increase or decrease in effect at time of shipment. Any direct tax, including sales or use tax, imposed by law with respect to the sale or manufacture of any merchandise sold is to be added.
2. PAYMENT TERMS: Unless otherwise specified, net 30 days from date of invoice. Interest will be charged at the rate of 2% per month after due date. *If you remit payment via Canada Post, please remit to: The Pickford Group Ltd. c/o C05610, PO Box 2898, STN M, Calgary, AB T2P 3C3
3. DELIVERY: The Company shall not be responsible for any delay or failure to make delivery which is occasioned by causes beyond its control, including but not restricted to fires, floods, strikes, labor disputes, accidents, embargoes, delays in transportation, car fuel, material or labor shortages, failure to obtain delivery from manufacturers or subcontractors, or by any ruling, regulation, or law of any governmental bureau or agency. Delays so caused shall not release the customer from its obligation to accept and pay for goods. Company’s responsibility ceases upon delivery of the merchandise to the carrier.
4. CUSTOMER LIABILITY FOR LOST OR DAMAGED RENTAL EQUIPMENT: By taking receipt of contracted rental equipment, the customer acknowledges that the equipment is in good working condition and further accepts full responsibility and liability for any and all damages caused to the equipment through misuse, abuse or failure to comply with the regular service procedures throughout the rental period. Normal wear and tear of the equipment is expected and the customer is not liable for normal service and calibration. The customer further acknowledges liability for any and all charges for lost or damaged equipment, as determined by The Pickford Group Ltd in conjunction with the rental contract.
5. WARRANTY: In the event any merchandise sold hereunder (except merchandise manufactured by other persons or firms) is not in accordance with specifications shown on the order within customarily accepted tolerances, or is defective on account of workmanship or material, the Company agrees to replace the merchandise or at its option to allow customer credit for the purchase price theretofore charged. This agreement, however, is upon condition that the customer promptly notifies the Company in writing of any claim in this respect, setting forth in detail any such claimed defect, and that the Company may be afforded a reasonable opportunity to examine the merchandise and to investigate the claimed defect. The Company shall be, in no event, liable for damages beyond the price paid by the customer for such defective merchandise. As to any item manufactured by other persons or firms, the Company agrees to present the customer’s claim with respect to defects to the manufacturer for adjustment, and the customer agrees that the liability of the Company shall not exceed any adjustment with respect to which such manufacturer accepts responsibility. The above warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, and it is agreed that there is no express or implied warranty by the Company as to the fitness, capacity, or efficiency of any merchandise sold, and that there are no real or implied additional warranties made in connection with any sale based hereon. No modification, or additions to this agreement with respect to warranty of the Company, either before or after contract of sale, shall be made except on written authority of the President of the Company.
6. CANCELLATION BY CUSTOMER: No merchandise may be returned for credit or replacement except on written approval by the Company. Orders placed with and accepted by the Company may not be cancelled except with the Company’s written consent.
7. FORBEARANCE—NO WAIVER: Forbearance of failure of this Company to enforce any of these conditions or to exercise any right accruing from any default of the customer shall not affect or impair this Company’s right should such default continue, or in case of any subsequent default of customer, nor shall such forbearance or failure be deemed a waiver of this Company’s rights in case of other or future defaults of the customer.
8. CREDIT CARDS: Pickford will accept credit card payment up to $10,000 before taxes. Pickford will not accept credit card payment above this amount.
Please contact us for any further information.